I'm not sure if many people read the blog, but just in case more random people out there are reading than I'm aware, I wanted to post something really important that's going on in the Upstate today. (This is me just assuming that our friends will read and watch and give!)
Safe Harbor is a 24-hour emergency shelter and crisis line for victims of domestic violence. They provide a safe place to rebuild shattered lives.
The company Ryan works for, Hill Mullikin, has partnered with Safe Harbor, and at 12:01am this morning, they launched a five day campaign called 5 Dollars in 5 Days. They are asking people to give up 5 dollars from something else this week and give to Safe Harbor. For some it could be a coffee, a quick lunch at Mellow Mushroom, or a few downloads on iTunes. For me, I think it will be taking $5 from a silly stocking stuffer that usually ends up getting eaten in 5 seconds or tossed in the "Happy-Meal-to-Goodwill" box. The video below is a great one that asks the question, "What is $5 to you?"
Watch the video, click on the link, and choose to make a very small sacrifice for something that is a very big deal.
No comments:
Post a Comment