She told me, as we were leaving the American Girl Store in Atlanta. "And I mean it this time, mom." Kate was born on our 2nd anniversary. We exchanged anniversary gifts at 1 AM, before leaving for the hospital. While walking around the house timing contractions that were 5-6 minutes apart, my husband surprised me with a 20 degree mummy sleeping bag, I passed along a long-coveted walking pole-slash-monopod camera mount. We thought we'd take our children camping. It was not long after this picture was taken....
....that I realized our expectations for our family were to completely change. The kind of parents we wanted to be versus the kind of parents we were actually going to be, well, the disconnect was huge then. You couldn't have convinced me that roughly 8 years later this tiny baby would be 8, going into 3rd grade and hopping in our minivan to join me on a day trip to the American Girl Store.
A pile of Dunkin Donuts was her "cake"
We have arrived!
Posing by the new dolls coming out later in the month. and holding the price list for both....
There may not have been a place to hang my pocketbook, but there was certainly a special spot for any American Doll that accompanied her friend to the restroom.
Grace, hanging out by the toilet seat covers.
A very pink bathroom
Grace had her own seat, crown and....
...teacup and saucer.
mini hot dog and hamburger.
our new addition, Chocolate Chip.
Grace headed out from a long but satisfying day of shopping.
Asleep
Not asleep. And present. Kate did not go by herself.
Happy Burns Day 2011 to Us!

6 comments:
So fun! Great photo documentary! Thanks for taking the time to share with us. Ashley
What a fun day! Looks like a great birthday!
I love Grace's dress. :) I am glad that you got to go, and the dress just made my day! Thanks for sharing. - Carol
Hilarious post (and Happy Burns Day to you, of course)! I'm glad you showed the doll on one of the holders... I couldn't figure out how shiny metal hooks would be a good thing!
Did Kate take the picture of you? I'm impressed! Looks like a great "Burns Day!"
We live near an American Girl store in Atlanta, could be the same one! But, everytime I see it, I think how great it would be to take your little girl for a day and get her doll! i love that yall did that, looks like a great time!
Post a Comment