Lots of my words go towards other things besides here on this blog, albeit important things. Mainly my children. Friends. Husband. Coworkers. Family. Dog. Siri. Plants. Self.
I find I am an all or nothing kinda girl. If it can't be it's best, then it simply won't be. I hesitated to post this post, seeing as I do not have an image I prefer to put with it, nor do I have the time to search for freebies on the web. But then I remember the warnings of Solomon in Ecclesiastes: "If you wait until conditions are perfect, you will never get anything done." (11:4)
On studying doctrine with our Community Group, I read this post on John Piper's blog. He says "Language may not carry all there is, but what it carries can be true and valuable." That "can be" part I appreciate. How much of my language is true? How much of my language is valuable? For others, and for myself?
The idea of Post or Perish - there is an unquenchable urge for me to talk it out, this journey. Not necessarily for the purpose of landing on understanding ears, but simply to speak it all into reality, forcing it out of my head and into the air. Perhaps that is why, when being intentional and dependent, I find myself praying out loud.
At what point, if at all, do those words get translated into prayers? By translated, I mean to ask how mindful am I being of my conversations with God? How mindful am I of God? How am I allowing Him space and time to speak? The Resurgence had a great series posted about prayer, and how it is most often a last resort, when God intended it to be so much more.
1 comment:
Our community group just met, and we had a great dialogue about this very thing....authentically anchored in prayer. You said it so beautifully, Molly. Thanks for sharing and not waiting.
Post a Comment