Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mom: I Have One, I Is One


I know an amazing woman. From her, I learned....


to keep my kitchen countertops clean. not just neat. clean.

how to be a loyal friend.

to dress appropriately and fashionably, at the same time.

that it doesn't matter what other people think. it matters what God thinks.

that long needle pine straw truly is superior to short needle.

babies take better naps when you take off their shorts.

when everybody helps, everybody gets done faster and can enjoy being together sooner.

to make treasures with my hands, to give to people I love.

not to be afraid to be myself.

my singing really does sound awesome in the shower.

that fresh flowers in the house make any day special.

to truly call it "weeding" you have to pull it from the roots.

it is not okay to have just one eyebrow.

I must be able to laugh at myself.

if I think I can make it, grow it or do it myself, I probably can.

to pray about it. all of it.

if it blooms, it needs sun.

family is a gift to be cherished, no matter the cost.


And to hear this woman tell me she thinks I am a good mother? There is no greater compliment from my own mother than this.




No comments: