Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Intermission: A Hair Cut



It had been June since I last had my hair cut, and so I called the most talented hair stylist I know and scheduled an appointment ASAP. Alice and Elizabeth came over to hang out too, so it was like Steel Magnolias style hanging out; we talked about food, shoes, old movies and other people. I thought I knew that my cousin Carole was good, but I got to learn for myself how great she is when I went to my aunt's and Carole cut my hair. I just told her I needed a trim and some layers, because the last time I had my hair cut, my regular girl cut most of my layers out. And for those of you with curly hair, you know you always need layers. So, layers and trim were her instructions, because I am neither adventurous or knowledgeable about hairstyles. 
It is the best haircut I have ever had. She cut the bangs perfectly so they still tuck behind my ear but fall to that perfectly unannoying spot beside my face if I happen to pull my hair up, she put shorter layers up top that curl up so neatly and left some long ones in the front, and then thinned it all out so even the long curls are still springy. But best of all: she blew it out straight, straight, straight. It took her an hour and 15 mintues to do it (almost the entire Home Alone video we were watching) but it was so worth the time.  
For those of you who met me post 2002, my hair used to be straight, just straight. And then a few months after Ryan and I got married, started to curl up in one spot. I had many curly hair clinics from my girlfriend Mary and finally figured out how to do it. And never straighten my hair because it takes so long. But it was so fun to have it back to how it was for 23 years of my life. Ryan saw the cut and called it my "old school hair". Thanks Carole! I'll be going to Richmond this spring for another trim!

4 comments:

kristimiller said...

It IS old school Molly (LOL)! Your hair looks great!

Keever Kids said...

You so pretty! :) Love you!

Mary said...

look at that straight sass...love it!

Anonymous said...

It looks quite lovely.:) But then again you always did make me have hair envy... It was also good to see Carol in the post about the farm. I remember meeting her several times at ERBC youth group when she came to visit. Hope you are all doing well! - Dori