Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Santa Claus has Come to Town





Every year I look forward to taking the girls to see Santa. I wish our scanner worked, so I could subject the general public to 5 years of photos with the Jolly Man, but it isn't compatible with our Mac, so you'll have to trust me: every year is priceless.
It can take me 5 minutes to decide what kind of peanut butter to get at the store (the cheapest, the giant tub that will last for 4 weeks, or the no high fructose corn syrup non-comodegenic kind?) but I do not hesitate a second to lay down $25 for only 4 pictures of my kids with this stranger-man we tell them is Santa. Kate only had one year that was horrible, and that was the year she was the same age that Nancy is now. I knew going into it that Nan would probably wail, and she did, but we got the absolute funniest picture ever. Kate is prim and proper and waiting patiently with a smile on her face (why can't she do that when I take pictures?) and you can see Ryan's arms holding Nancy close to Santa on the other side, making what we call her "square face". She goes red and square, and it's so funny. But remember, my scanner doesn't work. So just do your best to picture it in your head. 
We did get some action shots of Kate with Santa. I think besides Nancy and Clara and Carson and Celia, she thinks Santa is her BFF.



"...and peace on earth, and no more hunger, and a Barbie Diamond Castle."


They really are BFF, for like, 3 minutes each year.


"Hey Nan. What did Santa give you?"
"TANDY!!"


1 comment:

Mary said...

look how cute nan is! and of course kate and santa are super serious....i love it!