Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Santee at Spring Break

For Spring Break, we headed down to Santee to our family lakehouse to spend time with the kids before we met the Keevers at Edisto for a few days. It was very relaxing, and I wish we would have spent more time there. We always seem to choose to go when it's cold, but the kids really don't mind. I did tell Ryan next year I don't want to go on vacation until May, so we can enjoy warm weather. 
The house has been part of the family's for over 40 years, I think. Mom, correct me if I'm wrong. It is a small house, no dishwasher and only 1 shower, but the view is priceless, and the kids think it's a magical place to be, as I did when I was a kid. I hope they will have the same fun memories I do of fishing with mom and dad (my MOM was the one who taught me to bait a hook with a worm), swimming by the pier, going tubing on the lake, walking down to Taw Caw campground bait and tackle to buy some candy, and trying desperately to find a decent restaurant to eat at. 



"I cwimbin'!" She did this before we even knew it. She's fast.

 


Jumping off the sofa. Sorry Mom.


At the aquarium in Charleston, on our way to Edisto. Nancy didn't mind at all touching stuff. Kate saw her first shark (to her memory. we saw a young hammerhead on the beach at IOP with the Kulps and Gainors a few years ago!)


Sisters.

No comments: