This goat was the size of a mule, he was huge.
One of the puppies loving on Nancy. She was in heaven with all the animals, but the momma pyrenees scared her. She was the size of a regular sized goat!
At the beginning of the month we went to a friend's farm in Campobello. They have a few goats, a couple of Great Pyrenees dogs, chickens and a peacock that they think wandered over from not-to-distant Hollywild Animal Park. We had so much fun seeing the baby goats and puppies. It was fun to hang out and meet some new friends, too, and see the Hightower's home. We appreciate them opening it up to us to explore and let all the curious kids poke around.
I was fascinated at how they came about getting the land, choosing to build there and starting a small farm. Ryan and I really, really would love to try that kind of adventure one day. Do you ever feel like someone else is living the life you want? Sometimes I have to force myself to trust that my suburban life can still be one of adventure and it is exactly where God wants me to be. But it does not sound nearly as exciting to me to say "I went out and threw some zinnia seed out on the ground" as it does to say "I milked the goats this morning before breakfast". Of course, I'd like to think I could hang with the toughest of tough hands and not mind rolling my sleeves up and getting dirty, but I must confess: the most adventurous thing I did while at the farm? Nancy fell in a puddle of mud and poop and I did not cry or stress out (too much. Jill Peterson had to convince me Nancy would not contract Ecoli). I felt pretty proud of myself!
No comments:
Post a Comment