Monday, May 25, 2009

I Was Spontaneous!

May 15 was Kate's last official day of Kindergarten, and I decided at 11am to pack the girls up and go pick some strawberries. I was tired of waiting for Ryan to be able to join us, and I was desperate for a gallon of the sweet juicy things, so I gathered some water bottles, the girls and some wipes, threw everyone in the car while promising Ryan we would all return to pick as a family one day soon, and headed to Sandy Flat Berry Patch, about 20 minutes from our house. 
I should be spontaneous more often, because we were rewarded with a visit with our friends the McGowans! We can't plan a family dinner together because of everyones' crazy schedules, but drive 20 minutes out of town on a whim for some berries, and there you are! And yes, it rained as we drove away from the strawberry fields.


This picture was too funny not to post. Chris and Nancy both sampling the harvest.


Friends.


All Nancy did was sample, Kate was a very industrious picker. Can you tell that 3 other little girls have worn that shirt before Nancy? 

1 comment:

Chris and Emily said...

loved our "by chance" playdate at the strawberry field - three cheers for Molly throwing caution to the wind and going wild with picking strawberries!!!!!! :)