Here's a peek at what we've been up to since spring arrived. I was so ready for it this year, and we have had a blast getting outside everyday, eating outside almost everyday, and watching everything green up and bloom.
Kate at the peony bush. She calls them "panties" flowers, and it's too cute for me correct.
Nancy likes the soft petals and rubs them on her arms. This bush was one of the first plants we bought after we moved into the house 5 years ago. I had read all about how peonies are finicky and hard to grow, especially here in SC. But this one must really like the spot I put it in, because every year it has more blooms and I get so excited for them to open up. It's my best gardening success story. And I just bought a yellow one to put beside it, hopefully it does as well as this one.
We went puddle jumping after dinner one evening.
Cort came over one day, and Nancy and he picked dandelion fluff. Cort was teaching Nan how to blow it off the stem, and she was being bashful.
We celebrated our 100th day of school with an M&M one hundred party. Yes, only our one hundredth day of school - I must say, I combine days, so we have done more than 100 lessons, but I was way more relaxed than I ever thought I'd be about how often we did it. And we'll still be done by May 15! (and no, she did not eat 100 m&ms)
Mom and Dad gave us their outdoor table and chairs since they are having some work done in the backyard. It fit well on our deck, and we enjoy eating out there on sunny evenings. And Belle enjoys us eating out there, too! Thanks, Mo & Poppa!
Our butterfly crysallides. Cousin Ben was asking about them, here they are! There were 5, and they all hatched within a few hours of each other. We kept them in the habitat for a few days and just released them yesterday. They are painted lady butterflies.
The release video.
Little wren eggs in my fern on the front porch. They have begun to hatch, so I think I'll just have to let the fern die so the baby birds don't drown!
4 comments:
The puddle jumping picture is fantastic!!!
I had to sacrifice a fern to baby birds last year, too. Oh well.
we had to sacrifice our automatic garage door opener one year. Ah the places nesting mother birds will find.
This post is so fun! If I didn't know it, I'd think you lived out in the country...I'm sure you're loving the spring and beauty it brings about. you have an incredible green thumb.
Kate can JUMP! She got that from Uncle Ray.
Post a Comment