Friday, June 5, 2009

Challenge Accepted

If a man is only as good as the woman he's with, then a bread is only as good as it's starter. It's plain to see, my starter is sucky. Thankfully my man is not (not hard to figure out, because I'm so awesome...right?) I have had this sourdough starter for at least a year, maybe 2, and it's obvious it's time to move on and figure out how to start a new one. 

Also, it will be a very long time before I attempt to make baked beans from scratch again. They cooked for over 36 hours. 36. HOURS.  I'm not sure if there's anything less appetizing than waking up to the smell of baked beans in the crockpot for the 2nd morning in a row. If we invited you to the house for supper at any point during the next 3 months, count on having baked beans with the meal. If you really love us, you'll still come eat.


1 comment:

Keever Kids said...

Do you want one of your starter bags back?