It was touch and go for a little while: The day before her rehearsal, Kate was throwing up! Ryan and I prayed hard that the entire 9 months leading up to the weekend of Kate's dance recital wouldn't be a wash, and we are so thankful to say she recovered miraculously quickly and we had so much fun celebrating Kate. We had 2 rows of friends and family join us, Kate's cousins McKenzie and Paige were there to cheer their cousin on, and my mom made it this year (last year she wasn't feeling well enough to come).
Kate's class did two numbers, a ballet to "Daydream Believer" and a jazz number to "Old Time Rock & Roll". All semester long Kate said she liked the ballet better, but after the performance she said she enjoyed the jazz dance the most, and it showed. She grinned the entire time she was out there. And even though she spent parts of the dance fidgeting and scratching her face, I was surprised at how much of the routine she remembered. The highlight of her evening was the flowers she received after the performance. We learned last year after not giving her flowers that we should have given flowers, so we made up for it with a big bunch of roses. She was more than thrilled to fill her room with all of the gifts!
Emily came to Kate's recital last year, too. She's a great "aunt" and friend! And really fun to sit with and make side comments with about the other performances...
This pose was Kate's idea. Needless to say, she eats up the attention.
She was SO excited about the flowers Daddy gave her. I didn't get the credit, but that's okay. And again, I don't know why this is underlined and I'm too busy to sit and figure out how to fix it.
1 comment:
LOVE your purple shirt!
Post a Comment