In September (that's right, two months before the one we're in now) I took the girls to a Fancy Nancy party at a Chick Fil A here on Haywood Road. We are big fans of the Fancy Nancy books, which came out right around the same time our Nancy was born.
It was 2 hours full of fun girl things to do, complete with glitter stickers on a placemat, coloring, rhine-stoning flatware, lemonade from real teacups and saucers, a yummy nugget lunch with fresh fruit, and parfaits for dessert! There were other, better moms than me who dressed up as well. I must confess I have given away every single one of my bridesmaids dresses to Goodwill (no offense, girls. And I thought my little gold number you all could wear over and over?!?!) So the only "fancy" things I had to wear were real clothes, which I did not want to get all chicken-nuggety. I had fun with the girls. Sometimes it just takes getting out of the house an away from my "list" to sit and enjoy them. They are doing another one the end of November, if anyone wants to join us!
1 comment:
Hey girl, don't knock the little gold number! I told you it makes a great "Belle" dress for Princess family nights! Heehee! I thought mine was re-wearable too. Looking back, what the heck was I thinking????? Besides, who can fit into any bridesmaid dress from 10 years ago?? Okay, brandy can.
Post a Comment