Friday, March 19, 2010

Nancy Is Three!



The main reason I am posting is because I feel very obligated to share about our second child's most recent birthday before our third child debuts. Whew. And y'all can forget about seeing Christmas - those pictures were boring anyway.

February 17 was Nancy Rose's 3rd Birthday! I remember (better than I remember with Kate) holding her in the hospital, she was red and screaming for 30 minutes straight, and Ryan and I looked at each other and thought "uh oh. too late to take this one back!" But she calmed down very quickly after that, and was the absolute easiest, most laid back and content baby I had ever had. I am hoping she gets one-upped come May, though. For her birthday dinner, Nancy requested nuggets, apples, peanut butter, Cheetoes, shredded cheese, carrots, and applesauce cake. I decided to divide all this up over the course of a couple of days, because the combo to me sounded like some kind of daycare snack-time on steroids.

Nancy has brought us so much joy and laughter! She filled our home immediately, and it feels like she has always been with us; I guess in a way she always has been, since Ryan and I knew we'd have more than just Kate and had been anticipating another child in our future since Kate was born. I just didn't know it would be this good, this much fun, or this much hard work. Nan's eyes are always smiling and she is great at finding ways to may fun things more fun. Nan, I could eat you up I love you so!


Eating "breabast". I wonder how long I can get away with Valentine's themed parties for her, complete with discounted paper goods and free leftover Valentine's balloons.


Trying to make 3. I love how she has to curl the fingers on the other hand at the same time.


Oh, my baby Nan! You are a big girl now!


Our "friend Belle", not our "dog Belle". And Belle's little sister Lucy in the background. Belle and Lucy did not nap later that afternoon because of all the sugar from the party! Sorry Elizabeth!


The party girls, minus our friend Amelia, who had a cold.



It's my party, I'll cry if I want to.


Birthday Round 2 - Family Dinner, complete with applesauce cake. Kate did the heart decorations all by herself! And that's Nancy's Great-Grandmother, "Monie", trying to avoid being in the picture, to no avail.


My folks got our family tickets to the circus, which was in town just a couple of days after Nan's birthday. She loves animals and the zoo, and now loves the circus.


If you saw this, wouldn't you have an expression like...........


....this?




Thank you, Mo & Poppa!

1 comment:

Beth said...

(Imagine me saying this with an Irish brogue) "Oh, Molly Burns. You make me laugh great bellyfuls of laughter!" I, too, have a February birthday, but thankfully it's before the 14th because I *know* my penny pinching mother would've given out clearanced conversation hearts as party favors! (What, you hadn't thought of that? Poor Nancy!)