Saturday, March 13, 2010

Funnies

From the 3-year-old:

"Bye bye tinkle!! Bye bye twirl-it paper!! Mommy can I stick my hand in there?"

"I like chwocwate and smarshmallow gramilla bars. Yeah."

"Mom, why do we have to vacuum?"

"Hey, oh, mom! Can you pwease cwose the door? I need some priva-seat."

"I need some lovin'. Wet's hold hands."

"Ooops. 'Scuze me. My fanny burped."

"What's for breabast, Mommy? Eggs? or Pop Tarts?"

"Daddy, I like your belly."


From the First Grader:

FG: "Mom, my neck really stings. Can you please put some of that gasoline on it to help it feel better?"
Me: "Um, do you mean Vasoline?"
FG: "Riiiiiight. VAsoline."

Me: "Hey sweetie. What did you buy for lunch today at school?"
FG: "I got the yogurt flake."
Me: "Um, do you mean the yogurt plate?"
FG: "Oh, I thought it was a yogurt FLAke."

For the 3 year old, all trains lead to the zoo, all poops in the potty warrant some candy and pigtails are "big girl hair". Nancy also closes drawers with her hips or knees like mom, and also grunts when she's frustrated....like mom. The first grader found out that there is more of a difference in boys and girls than boys being taller and girls being smarter than boys (not too much info, but it is really hard to keep her curiosity at bay) and that if she could be any flower, it would be a ranculous and wants to be an artist or a mommy when she grows up. She answers most questions with "I know", just like mom.

When we have eggs and toast for breakfast, Kate eats her toast, Nancy all her eggs. If we have chicken nuggets and french fries, Nancy eats the nuggets, Kate the fries. Kate likes ketchup, Nancy does not; Kate likes pancakes, Nan prefers grits; Kate does not like yogurt, and Nancy would celebrate if we put her on an all-dairy diet. When we sword fight, Kate just swirls her sword around in circles, Nancy aims for the legs or the stomach for a direct hit. Nancy keeps Kate up at night with all of her talking.

They both want a baby sister, and the 3 year old calls her Sally. If given the choice, they both would prefer to live on a farm and have their friends come visit than live in a neighborhood full of kids. Kate wishes leprechauns were real, and Nancy, at this moment, cannot find her baby unicorn anywhere.

I love these sisters.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Love this post-- so fun.
Our conversation just this morning:
"Now I'm gonna be the diming."
--The diming?
"You know, the diming in the sky. Twinkle twinkle little start... like a diming in the sky."
--Awesome. The diming it is.