Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Bringing Thomas Home

I've been spending my time in between feedings deciding if I will go to the bathroom, take a shower, brush my teeth or eat. There is little time to do much else. I have manage to pull a weed or two on my way to the mailbox, and the girls and I made necklaces this afternoon to kill time before Daddy got home. Is it really true that boys are more high maintenance as babies than girls? I'm starting to believe it. He is cuddly, though, and I take every chance I can get to let him sleep in my arms (when I'm not too busy coveting sleep myself).

We've had amazing help from friends bringing food and groceries and carpooling for us so that I can truly stay here and rest and take care of the kids as much as possible, and for that I am so thankful! I could not do it without them! And for a totally capable and competent husband that knows the drill inside and out and just takes charge. I wake up from a nap on the sofa, and look over and see stacks of neatly folded laundry and a sleeping babe in the bassinet, a quite baseball game on in the background. These days are truly precious.

Tomorrow, remind me that I said all that....



Poppa's the Man.



Kate's homemade birth announcement.



Mommy #2 and Mommy #3 keeping watch.


Introducing Thomas to the Gainors on Skype! Definitely a highlight for me!


Aunt Carol, with cousins Paige, McKenzie and Lauren.


McKenzie and and Zach with Thomas


A hopeful cousin Zach. Just wait a couple of years, Buddy. You'll have so much fun!


Uncle Scott, Ryan's brother, trying to taint Thomas's orange blood with a little mountaineer. We're okay with that.


My grandmother, "Monie", and her first meeting with great-grandbaby #7.



Sweet Dreams....

No comments: