Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Charles Thomas Burns Arrives!

Charles "Thomas" Burns arrived on May 24, 2010 at 2:13pm. He weighed 7 lb. and 10 oz. and was 20 1/4". I'm putting this up mainly because people keep asking for more pictures, so I'll start with our hospital moments and progress as we add more pictures of our little man.

I was induced, a platelet count thing, so Ryan and I woke up at 4am on Monday morning, had breakfast at 4:45, and were off. It was weird waiting around to be put into major pain, dining on eggs and toast with coffee in a quiet house before we went to change our lives. We'd never experienced the "this is the day our lives will change" due date, it was hard for me to wrap my brain around.

Had a great experience at the hospital, and we are settling into somewhat of a routine that includes lots of tv for the girls, lots of naps for Thomas, phone calls and cards and meals from sweet and thoughtful friends and family. This time is going by quickly, he is already 8 days old.


Ryan's mug was a Christmas gift from Kate, mine a gift from my friend Brandy when Kate was born.







I love this picture. I think he liked the bath, as long as he was snuggled on his tummy!





Going home.

2 comments:

Evelyn & Floyd said...

love these. especially the NAN with him - in the cute expression of mothering-sisterly perfection. Kate looks so responsible and grown up!

Chris and Emily said...

love them!!! I love the bath picture too!! I just can't get over how cute he is!! Can't wait to snuggle him again!!