Sunday, August 8, 2010

Our Summer, 2010

I just realized the "Tiny Tidbits" were the only posts I made in July; and truthfully, only 4 of the 7 "bits" were actually posted in July. Before the beginning of the end of the year begins for us - from August to December is an absolute whirlwind - I wanted to capture the lazy days of this summer we had.

"Lazy" may not be the right word. We had a newborn in the house, I was sleep deprived for many weeks, and we all experienced sort of summertime cabin fever from the ultra hot weather that kept us inside with the newborn most of the summer. But the girls learned how to play together, Kate has taught Nancy how to pretend and now Nancy will finally play Little People or with her castle all by herself and make up characters, and Kate read about 8 chapter books this summer, getting her a free pass to the water park from the library.

It was definitely a different kind of summer. No road trips, zinnias or Saturday trips to the downtown market. No morning runs, reading in the evenings because of crummy summer tv or staying out late with the girls because there was not more school. But we had lots of cuddle time on the couch, giggles from our girls becoming friends, and even were able to take our annual summertime date to the Shakespeare Festival at Falls Park. Lots of walks with friends, a visit from my best friend and her family from Aurora, an early morning breakfast with dear friends, canning experiments with one of my best friends, and playgroup on Wednesdays for the 3rd summer in a row. I think I'm ready for school and a routine (and yes, some space), but have enjoyed our sweet summer when we welcomed our Thomas home.



Thomas, 8 weeks.








Happy Little Man! He is so smiley.


Our new circle swing in the backyard. Fun for everyone!








Kate, Nancy and Mary Claire. A visit from the Bradshaws just after Fourth of July was the highlight of our summer!



1 comment:

Bran said...

Thomas looks SO big!!!! It's so fast and quick that they grow!!!

Your girls are so cute and Nan looks so different to me these days.

I miss you SO much and loved chatting this morning.