Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Home

Some days our new house feels like home, when the kids rush in the door, dump their junk on the floor and race off playing. Or when I make a meal and we all sit down together to enjoy it. Most days, it does not yet feel like home. One day I found myself crying about the new shower caddy we had to purchase, because all my stuff doesn't fit the way I want it to. And I almost lost my mind the other day, looking for a stack of photos I am positive made it to the new house. We have hung only 2 things on the walls, and one of them is on nails that were already there. But despite those frustrating moments I have (which is really my issue of things not being easy-slash-comfortable, a topic for another post), we spend most of our time thanking God for giving us this gift, and pinching ourselves that He sees fit to allow us to steward it.

Lots of friends out of town have asked for some pics, sorry I had to make you wait! You know, we moved and all. How long can I keep blaming my procrastination on the move, like a mom blames her new baby for stuff?


108 Aberdare Lane!





Walking into front door.




Fancy light switches. The house is full of flair like this.



Standing in the doorway of den (from opposite of above), facing front door.



Living room, dining room. Kitchen is through the door on left.



After we moved in...



Kitchen. Laundry room door is on other side of fridge.



*angels singing* 
Laundry room!



Playroom/Bonus Room. Yes, that carpet is green. Our Ebenezer.



Standing in playroom, you can see through breakfast room, to den.



Breakfast room, ie. "The Cave".





Den. Those are genuine fake beams, folks. 



Den, from sunroom doors.



Sunroom. 



Hallway. It made it in the post because it's super awesome for racing toy cars. And gymnastics.



K room.



T room.



Red bathroom.



Very red.




N room. And the cleanest it has been yet...



"Master" bedroom. Only because the master of the house sleeps here. Not because it's fancy.




"Flesh" bathroom.



Trash pile. Not ours. What was left in the yard. And this is Pile 2 of 3. 



Yard waste pile. Our 2nd largest one to date.

The yard actually warrants it's own post, or 3. It's outta control. I have some funny before and after pics, as in "before" spring, and "after" spring. We had no idea what we were getting ourselves into, and sometimes we picture the previous owners just sipping sweet tea on their balcony, laughing deviously and murmuring, "Good luck with that wisteria, mwaahaaahaaahaaaaa!"






















2 comments:

Joey Espinosa said...

Oooooo. Post pictures of that worm/parasite thing.

Joey Espinosa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.