Today was Kate's first day of kindergarten! She was so excited to get started, genuinely excited, which made my job much easier. It took all of an hour, and that was doing extra stuff because she wanted to keep working. I am not sure if we'll ever know why God called us to make this choice for Kate and our family and I plan on taking it day by day. But homeschooling, especially for someone who adamantly and passionately knew I was never ever the homeschool type of mom, is not as scary as I always thought it sounded. But I think you can see in her face a little bit of "mmm, yeah, mom. choosing to obey with a happy heart here, okay?"
First Day of School. No, Daddy, we did not learn black and white. We learned that God made the light and darkness.
"ooo, piity" in Kate's dance recital costume.
And one more thing God uses to humble me: I was so proud of myself today sticking to the timeframes of homeschool and spending time with both girls. I even ran on the treadmill, got a shower, folded a load of clothes and made supper (and I mean made it, not just heated it up). But while I was cooking, I put the water on to boil and thought "man, there must be something in the eye on the stove that is burning." It burned my nostrils. Smelled foul, then putrid, then noxious fumes began to permeate the air in the kitchen, quickly overpowering the yummy smell of "made" food. I realized I turned on the wrong eye of the stove. So instead of the water boiling, the dense plastic funnel for my stand mixer was baking onto the stove and dripping down into the eye. I had to open all windows, send Kate outside to play (so as not to inhale the noxious-ness) and close all doors to bedrooms. Just a reminder that I'll never really have it all together....nor do I need to.
You better believe I'm still going to use it! Just check any loaves of bread I bring you for stringy pieces of plastic...
3 comments:
I'm very impressed. Even with almost burning the house down, I am still very impressed! Go super mom!
you are my favorite school marm- i love it mols!
So, I want to hear more about your decision on this and your curriculum, etc., etc. CALL ME!! I'm tired of the phone tag game. It's old. Let's put our kids in cages or something so we can actually have an uninterrupted conversation.
Post a Comment