August 11 is our anniversary and also Kate's birthday. My friend Mary lovingly dubbed it Burns Day a few years ago, and that is definitely what it has become. What's really sweet is Kate is old enough to know it's not just her day and voluntarily wishes us happy anniversary. We've been married 7 years now, and Kate was born on our 2nd anniversary. One funny story: I was in labor at 12 midnight at our apartment and we decide to exchange gifts before heading to the hospital. I had gotten Ryan a snazzy walking/hiking pole for all the excursions he was planning after the birth of our child, and I received a 20 degree mummy sleeping bag. Nothing said love like denying what phase of life we were entering and ignoring the fact that I weighed over 200 pounds. He (and I) have both come a long way...
Kate had 8 little friends over for a luau, which was a glorified playdate outside in the baby pools with cupcakes. Last year was so hot, so we thought pools would be perfect...it was too chilly for them and we ended up watching a movie given by the Fuller girls and playing dress up. With leis, of course. Then family came over after dinner for brownies and ice cream. It was a fun day!

Our first anniversary, and Belle.

Kate's Birth Day. I am amazed at what we've been a part of in her little life.
Pumped about her party!
Little people shoes - thanks for the idea, Greta!
Enjoying cupcakes and snacks.
Clara Mozingo gave a matching dress to Kate - and they were twins all day!
Happy Birthday Kate!
1 comment:
Happy Belated Burns Day, then!
Post a Comment