Thursday, September 25, 2008

Did I Ever Mention?


Did I ever mention the afternoon we spent in the bathroom hunkered down for a tornado? That's right. Sometime mid-August, my mom calls during some bad weather and says that tornadoes are headed our way. Kate and I were coloring and Nancy was napping, so I turned the tv on and she was right. John Cessarich said there was a tornado due for Taylors at 4:45pm. Kate begins to get very nervous, but I just keep coloring. I figured if it started looking green outside we'd head for the bathroom.
She would not let go of her worry, and even asked if we could pray about it (a rare thing in our house - don't get any ideas) so we do, she says she feels better, but that's a lie, because she continues to get more and more afraid. I told her that she wasn't trusting God even though we had prayed about it, because her heart was still fearful. Finally it's about 4:15, and Nancy is awake, so I tell her if it will help we can take shelter "just in case". She starts pulling cushions off the sofa and dragging them to the bathroom, gathering toys for her and Nan to pass the time, all the while saying "I will trust God. I will trust God."
We were in that bathroom for 45 minutes!!! Ridiculous! They had a great time! Once or twice I escaped to check the path of the storm (which fizzled out before it reached us), and when I came back Nancy was standing on top of the potty ready to jump into the cushions! 
Since then we have listened to the Wizard of Oz on audio CD, and I don't think it will do us any good the next time a storm heads our way. 



Nancy is obliviously happy with "cackers".



We even did school in the bathroom. It was our first week, looks like we were studying sun. I am such a diligent mother.

No comments: