Lots of parents we know read the Bible with their children before kissing them goodnight and tucking them into bed. We prefer to play a good game of cards with our kids, so that's just what we did. Ryan, Kate and I sat on our bed and played a game of Go Fish (we'll wait for poker til she's around 8). Kate only got one set before the game ended. As she was going to the potty before we tucked her in, we heard her whining. After much convincing that she just needed to tell us what she was whining about even if she was afraid she might get in trouble, Ryan was able to employ a Bill White-ism he's been waiting to use ever since he heard it. Thus goes the conversation:
Ryan: Kate, you need to tell us why you were whining because we asked you to even if you are afraid you might be in trouble.
Kate: Well, okay, um, I just, it's that, I just don't think it's very fair that I only got one match before you won.
Ryan (with glee in his eyes and an excited glance toward me): Kate, a fair is a place you go to ride rides and eat cotton candy.
Kate: Nooooo, not THAT kind of fair! I mean.....
Me: Bury face in pillow and laugh.
I think the Keevers had a similar scenario happen to them. At least they read the Bible to their kids - we teach Kate a poker face!
1 comment:
Oh the Fair... Not that you and Ryan can even describe it to Kate since you have never been to the STATE FAIR!
Yes, I remember the confusion at the beach when at bedtime Kate was asked to join our fam for Bible time... Just didn't realize it was all b/c she wanted a game of cards instead! Hahahaha!
Love you and your family so much! :)
Post a Comment