Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Nancy Rose!!


Yeah! I am so excited about Nan's birthday this year, for some reason. It has been fun to plan for it and really, really fun buying her presents. Maybe that's because we have all the clothes and toys we could ever need already, so whatever we choose to buy is what we know she'll love, no matter how impractical (like 5 sticker books of 500 stickers each. I think I'm going to regret that.)
Since we didn't have the camera until last Christmas, we only have a small amount of digital photos of Nancy Rose tiny, so I included my favorite one, and then added some cute and funny ones just for sentimentality's sake. We feel like she's always been a part of our family and she's been around forever, even though it has been the fastest two years of our life so far! 
I'm interested to see how year #3 shapes up...she's very opinionated (that's the grandparent way of saying demanding) and gets very upset when we change our mind or tell her we are going to do something else (again, a nice way to put "whiny" and "she throws mega tantrums"). But thankfully, whether it's grace or experience or both, we seem to be able to laugh in the middle of an "opinionated upset" and see the forest, not the trees.
We love you Nancy Rose!!!



"New" Nancy, in a bassinet loaned from Emily and a blanket from Sara Fowler. This blanket is Nancy's favorite, her "night night".






Jim Halpert hair.





"What? Something on my mouth? Where?"



Last May, our peonies bloomed HUGE! To prove it, we took this picture!



5 months


1 Year Portrait



Eating her first birthday cake.



This was her first birthday cake, and I'm posting this mainly for Emily, who I'm not sure I ever showed her a picture of how the cake turned out before it was cut. Em loaned me her Wilton cake stuff  and  I pieced together a cake that (sort of) looked like Belle. At the very least, the birthday girl recognized it as a puppy and that was all I was after. 

2 comments:

Chris and Emily said...

Yea!! Happy Bday sweet Nancy. I still want to say baby Nancy sometimes - I know, totally inappropriate!! Loved the trip down picture memory lane. And you're right, I never did get to see her puppy cake so thanks for posting it just for me!!

PS Not to proud to admit that I loved my name dropped twice in your post...

Belue said...

Nancy is so cute!! I love the cake, you did a great job! I love reading your blog and your captivating stories.