Monday, February 23, 2009

SheNANigans Turns Two


Nancy's birthday was the 17th, and we had family and the McGowans over for dinner and presents on the 18th. I was really excited about her birthday, just because it was fun buying stuff just for her, and making her dirt pie just for her, and serving shredded cheese because I knew she'd love it....sometimes I deal with the "second child guilt" of not spending as much time with her as I did when Kate was Nancy's age. I know she's not thinking she's getting the raw end of the deal, but I know I'm not giving her all I've got, so I had so much fun thinking about her and her little life and what she has added to our family and loving on her the way her two-year-old self likes to be loved on.

I don't remember Kate really getting the present thing by two, but Nancy was all in, and even jumped up and down a few times saying "I so excited! I so excited!" She didn't seem to get tired of opening them, either, and kept saying "pesent! i onna openit! i onna openit!" She kept us laughing all evening, she is such a funny girl. I was also really glad to share the night with all four of the McGowans, and they kept their boys here for the whole ordeal, which lasted until after 8 o'clock. It is so fun to see Cohen in the background (who until recently Nancy called "co-wee", but now she says it right and kinda makes Emily and me sad) and Cort running between Kate and Nancy checking out all Nancy's new goods.  You can hear Cort in the video below and see Emily holding Cohen in the background. 

And pay no attention to the giant bow on Nan's noggin. I couldn't find our small pink bow, so I used one of Kate's and Ryan gave me a hard time. Some kids look fine in the big bows, but our kids just look ridiculous for some reason. Maybe it's because the bow has only a few hairs to hang on. I apologize, Nancy.


"Messy hayunds"






Nancy wanted to wear all of her new clothes and "dayunce". Below is a video of her putting on her new dress and dancing, ever so subtley, for my mom.





No comments: