Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I Love a Good Wedding...

Some friends of ours got married May 22 - Joseph and Chelsea Dion! Dion has been in our small group in some capacity for I think 4 years now, and Chelsea was in my dgroup back in our student ministry years. Dion asked me to help out on the engagement night, which was SO fun to be a part of, and Chels asked me and a couple of other friends to be honorary bridesmaids. I got to be there when it all started, and it was such a blessing to be front and center as we watched them take their vows, at what was a sweet, and at times funny, ceremony (we can talk later about the invisible communion).


Chelsea was the most gorgeous bride! She has fantastic taste, and everything was so beautiful! I had a haircut the day before the wedding, and she straightened my hair, so I wore my "21 year old hair" to the wedding. It was fun to be straight for a couple of days.


Kristin Jensen, another former dgroupie. Kristin was also the MOH. Don't you love the "persimmon" dresses? (I'm not allowed to say they are orange).


My sweet and fun friend Kelly Keever and me, honorary bridesmaids. I somehow never got a picture with Vicki, HB #3. Some of the photos were taken in Chelsea's family's backyard, which I thought was so precious. 


Ryan literally had to dust off his suit for the occasion, but it was worth it! Did you know Greer has a new city hall? It is so pretty! And I am obviously conscious of the flowers on my belt, as I have put myself to the left of anyone I am taking a photo with. But it's a darn cute belt, thanks to Kelley S!


Prom 2009 with the Keevers and Mozingos. Funny thing is, Ryan and I really did go to prom together, twice.


The ONLY photo we had of the couple that wasn't in a dimly lit room or of them dancing. And I don't know why this is underlined, I can't get it to stop.


There was lots of dancing. And did Joseph drop something on the floor, or is he looking at something else?


We tried to pretend we really were at prom by finishing the night at Waffle House. It was so much fun, but our covered and chunked hash browns left much to be desired. The company was top notch, though. And our husbands did join us, we just sat boy/girl, middle school style. The girls talked about where bathrooms and closets are positioned in various people's houses, and the guys talked about sports and circumcision.


Congratulations to the Dions!!

2 comments:

Keever Kids said...

i am LingOL! I had no idea that's what the boys talked about. You didn't comment about us being shims! :)

Kelley Smith Style said...

thanks for the shout out! your outfit looked pretty!