UPDATE:
I think this is harder than I thought it would be. Right off the bat I liked the dark pink better, just because it is fun and unexpected. The light pink is a Pottery Barn Kids color by Benjamin Moore. But I don't want the room to look Pottery Barn-y (Barney?) I do like the pros of the light: easier to paint over, flows with the other colors in the house, and once all 4 walls are pink, that will be a LOT of pink. It's hard for me to escape the $45 we could use towards other things in the room - there are lots of other things we want to paint (including 2 bookshelves, I'll be asking your opinion later for that one, I can go overboard with color or being too coordinated) and things we want to do to "finish" the room, and $45 could buy some fun stuff on my list.
The actual inhabitants of the room are split: Kate likes the light one, Nancy the dark. The problem with the above/below chair rail thing is that the chair rails is white, the bunks are cream. That drives me crazy, and I feel like with 2 pinks and then white rails and a cream bed....well, that's more than I can handle. Any suggestions for that railing? Oh, and those pink pillows on the beds? Horrible photo; the small pillow in front is actually almost exactly the same as the dark pink on the wall. The large pillow is just a sheet, we'll buy shams after we decide on the wall color. So don't let that sway you, either.
Lemme just say, I have LOVED the opinions. I hate making decisions like this, wish I could be breezy about stuff but I often treat simple things like this as a do-or-die situation, and have really enjoyed hearing which you like and why you like it. Wish we could have all done it over coffee and dessert!!
Without crazy bright spotlight, and I decided to make the beds.
Crazy bright spotlight.
We are in the process of finishing up the girls room this winter. Our task this week: Choose a paint color. The dark one on top is "Margaret Ellen" pink, or a mis-tinted, returned color that was $5 for a gallon. The lighter on is Pink Begonia. Try not to let the $45 we would save by using the dark pink sway your opinion, I want you to tell me which you prefer and why.
I never in my wildest dreams thought I would paint my daughters' room pink.
9 comments:
I like the darker one. I'm not much for lighter, pastel colors, so I tend to choose the darker when given color choices:). Love their bunkbeds, by the way!
I like the lighter one. (1) It goes better with the dark shams (the darker pink is a little more purple and clashes a bit with the dark pink shams, I think) and (2) when you decide to paint over it, the lighter pink will be easier to cover with fewer coats of paint (3) If you ever decide to change the comforters, the lighter pink will be easier to match to a newer set.
I like the lighter. I think it matches the bedding better. I feel like the darker one clashes a bit. I actually had Avery's nursery pink and loved it. I was quite sentimental painting over it for her big girl room!
i like the dark one... what about one above the chair rail and one below? :)
I was thinking lighter. I like the idea of using one above the chair rail and one below. I think that the lighter color flows better with the rest of the house. The darker color will hide the abuse from playing a bit better. Dark below chair rail, light above?
You are painting your daughters room pink. I thought we made some sort of pact about this in high school?! I like the existing yellow on the walls personally, but I'm not 7 and almost 3 years old anymore. . .
I like the darker.
And, I decided that before I read the $5. That makes me like it more!!!
Since we are really still friends, I will post an opinion. Love the dark! Would you consider maybe a couple of walls the darker and other 2 walls something diff or the lighter if you were worried about it being too much? It is def true that once the whole room is painted light pink, it's a lot of pink. Ask Harper. :)
6 to one half-dozen to the other. I always choose the lightest shade because it gives the allusion that the room is larger. I don't like to feel closed in. Having said that, I like the actual color tones of the darker, but again I would choose the lighter, because that is what I do.
And for the record, I do think the lighter matches the comforter a little better.
And I wouldn't paint the moulding a color. When we moved in the moulding in Brody's room was flourescent yellow (to match Nascar wallpaper border) and Tarheel blue moulding in the other room (with white walls, why?). I swore I'd never paint moulding a color. It's a PAIN to get white again.
We had the same problem with our crib being cream. We just painted the crib. Not easier, just liked bright white better. Not bright white anymore, but I enjoyed it while we had it.
Now that is my two cents, not worth two cents.
Post a Comment