I painted Nancy's nails the other morning and told her to sit very still, with her hands on her knees, until her nails were dry.
About 30 seconds later, she said "Mom! I need you! My nail got smudged and can you fix it?"
About 30 seconds later, she said "Mom! I need you! My nail got smudged and can you fix it?"
Here is what I saw:
And here is the dialogue:
Me: "Nancy, how did your nail get messed up?"
Nancy (incredulously): "I don't know!"
Me: "Did you touch it with your other finger?"
Nancy: "nooooo. m'am."
Me: "Did you scratch something with your finger?"
Nancy: "mmmm. noooooo. m'am."
Me: "Nan, did you pick your nose?"
Nancy: "Naw. m'am."
Nancy (incredulously): "I don't know!"
Me: "Did you touch it with your other finger?"
Nancy: "nooooo. m'am."
Me: "Did you scratch something with your finger?"
Nancy: "mmmm. noooooo. m'am."
Me: "Nan, did you pick your nose?"
Nancy: "Naw. m'am."
Whether it was a pick or a scratch, the purple polish doesn't lie.
Unlike the 3 year old.
Unlike the 3 year old.
No comments:
Post a Comment