Wednesday, April 10, 2013

White Noise



Lately, I feel like no one hears me. I say things. Out loud. But no one responds. Like white noise. It's there as background, to drown out the other noises. 

I talk about these things all the time, but no one is listening to me:


"Stop licking stuff."

"Don't use your shirt as a napkin again."


"The dog does not need more water when her bowl is already full. Get the paper towels and clean it up."

"Do not balance your plate like a waiter and try to sing. We do not live on Broadway."

"Get your arm out of there."

"Put your gum back in your mouth."



I now understand how Phoebe felt:




2 comments:

Julia said...

Oh my Lord. I just told Jimmy that I must be invisible. Same story around here lately! I hear you, Molly!

Joey Espinosa said...

I'm sorry. Did you say something?