Final round of pictures!
Kate's birthday is August 11, and she really took a liking to one of Mary Claire's toys, and Tyson not only bought one for Kate for her birthday, but one for Nancy too!
Thursday we went to the Children's Museum in Napverville. We had so much fun, despite behavior issues with the kids. While we were gone, the Children's Museum opened here in Greenville; I am very glad we got our museum fix in Naperville! It's $12 to go to the museum here in town!! Even for a one year old! Okay, done complaining...
In the water exhibit, they had tons of bubbles and stuff, including one you could get inside of. Kate finally got the hang of it!
After the museum, Tyson had to return home to get Reid, but the four of us stayed in Naperville for a little while. We grabbed some lunch at a Mexican restaurant (Nancy singing "if you're happy and you know it say "AMEN!" very loudly) and we wandered around the riverwalk they have downtown. I couldn't get enough pictures of the girls together. I was having one of those moments that I knew I'd remember forever, and we'll look back on these pictures and remember our trip, how small they were and hopefully how they have always loved being sisters.
Our last morning in Aurora, and Sean snuggled up with the girls still in their pjs. Mary Claire loves shoes, and puts them on first thing in the morning!
I love kids in pjs!
Nancy and Mary Claire "coloring". Nancy really just makes marker fingers and giggles. Mary Claire followed her lead.
Wednesday we went to a nearby park. It was beautiful, and Ryan went for a run while we picnicked with the kids. Sounds great, right? Nancy whined the entire time, she threatened to step into the water and mud at the edge of the pond; Kate complained of being hungry, Mary Claire refused to listen to Tyson, Reid wouldn't eat his lunch, and Ryan got lost running and ended up running for 50 minutes instead of 30. Moments like these are why we call this a trip, not a vacation. Real life follows us wherever we go, no matter how picutresque the scenery is!
Tyson with Reid and Mary Claire.
No comments:
Post a Comment