Monday, April 8, 2013

Mary Monday: Premiere and the OCM

Mary Mondays is my stab at getting myself to write weekly. I am hesitant for several reasons:



1. Mary Monday posts will most likely be written on Tuesday nights, or Saturday mornings. Not Mondays like I want. Because I am not perfect.

2. It could expose that I am weird. Everyone's weird. But I have found that I do/say/try things that make some people second guess our relationship, or respond with "hmmm..." or "ew." Like my friend, Mary.*


Without further adieu, may I present the inaugural Mary Monday Post:







I wash my face with oil. True story.

Once a Neutrogena loyalist, I have used their Deep Clean face wash since college. After years of adolescent and pregnancy related acne - I started wearing makeup when I was 10 because of my acne - I have used everything any dermatologist can throw at me. Name it, I have used it, save one or two of the biggest guns on the market. 









For those of you out there with similar stories, the idea of rubbing oil on your face probably triggers nightmares, ending in going to the store for a lifetime supply of concealer. Not only are you supposed to rub the oil on your face, it actually cleans your face. For reals.

I didn't diss the Deep Clean because I was unhappy with it. Like I said, it has worked for me for years. But I couldn't quell the curiosity behind the Oil Cleansing Method (official name) and couldn't help myself from trying it. All I needed was a bottle of cold pressed castor oil for $6.99, just $.79 more than my beloved Deep Clean. This new regimen has been part of my evenings for over 3 weeks now. A small container with 5 Tbsp of oil has lasted me 2 weeks. A little goes a long way! Cha-ching!

You can read all about how I got started on The Healthy Diaries blog, but my main loves right now are:


  • smaller pores on nose, cheeks, chin
  • no moisturizer needed (cha-ching)
  • less breakouts, smaller blemishes
  • blemishes disappear within 2 days
  • even skin tone (read: makeup-less and not scared)


I plan on sticking with it for at least 6 weeks; I figured since my skin certainly hasn't gotten worse and actually is improving, I have nothing to lose by continuing my experiment. Want me to keep you posted? (pun intended) I am happy to be your guinea pig on this one. 

I have another friend that told me she wasn't going to even entertain the idea of trying it until I had a month under my belt and she got back from a 12 day tropical vacation with her hubby. Can't blame her! Would love to hear your feedback and thoughts, and even your own skincare that has worked for you. We can just pretend we are all in our jammies drinking coffee and sharing about it in person to make it more fun.


Happy Monday!





*After a weekend away with two of my favorite girls, spending time snacking and talking and washing our faces before bed, my friend felt a sense of betrayal for not knowing some of the ins and outs of a certain regimen, or not knowing very important information about how to flatten your tummy after having babies. "WHAT?!?! You must post things like this on your blog so I can know this stuff! Why do you know this and didn't tell me!?!"

2 comments:

Brandy said...

Awesome!! Been waitin on this!

Beth said...

Shut the front door! I am *so* trying this!