Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Mermaid and a Princess Dancer

This year I think the girls put on their Halloween costumes 3 different times. Once to trick or treat at a nursing home down the street (and every time we pass it, 2 months later, Nancy yells "THAT'S the place where we got some candy and gave hugs!!!!" She yells everything.), once to Boo in the Zoo, and once, OH, scratch that: 4 times. Once more for Trunk or Treat at church and finally the big, underwhelming rainy event of Halloween night.

I was crazy enough to think that we could go to the Clemson Homecoming game as a family during the day and make it back home to change the girls and go trick or treating that night. We did it, but I was the one that ended up having a meltdown by the end of the day.

Luckily, any leftover candy could be sent to school with Kate for the troops overseas. I think I sent about 4 pounds with her.



Our first year doing Boo in the Zoo. Kids loved it, but big yawn-fest for Ryan and me. We won't tell the kids it's kinda lame, they'll figure it out soon enough.


Did I mention there were no animals out at the zoo? We were at the zoo, but the animals were tucked away like celebrities at a large public event....maybe so we wouldn't feed them candy?


At Trunk or Treat, about to go down the slide. I had just gotten back from a Children's Ministry related trip to Charleston, and was so tired and felt so sick. This evening was quite a blur for me. I think everyone enjoyed it, though.


One of the "booths". Yes, Ryan is in there with the kids playing Twister.


Not much has changed for Nancy in the past year. She may be bigger, but she's still a candy fiend.


Cohen, the cutest dalmation ever.


At first glance it looks like Kate's giving the finger to Halloween, this being the 4th time she's had to be a mermaid in 10 days. But upon closer observation she's about to jump up and shout out "all the single ladies...."

No comments: