The Children's Museum opened up this summer in Greenville, a long-awaited opening for me. I was very excited about having one in town, but soon realized that Kate is in school all day, when would we all go together?! Fall break, of course. So one gray October Thursday, I took myself, my two girls and our free passes (thanks Emily!!) and we had a great time. I was most impressed, of course, with myself, for making it through the 2 hour event without vomiting, spontaneously napping, or craving a giant chicken drumstick.
We have since returned again to the museum with our cousins, and it was even more fun and we stayed for even longer. 3 hours, and we didn't even do everything there was to do. Thankful for the town we live in and the opportunities we have here.
Grocery shopping. You could pick out your groceries, and even scan them to check out. The bakery has a spot where you can decorate a "cake" (magnetic tiered things with plastic piping and rosettes), and a meat department and produce. The kids love it, but for me, it's about as much fun as the real thing. Actually less so, because the kids call the shots here.
The farm spot is for kids under 5. It had some cute stuff, but mostly Nancy just went down the slide. This is also the spot you would come if you are a nursing mother. They literally have a stall with rocking chairs for you to sit in, right beside the hens laying eggs and across from the cow milking exhibit. I think this was a joke the one man on the Museum board wanted to play. How he pulled it off, I don't know.
2 comments:
you're not kidding about the nursing mothers stalls with the egg-laying chicken and milking cows? Wow, that is too good.
I'm glad you guys could use those passes! Couldn't you see me going through that place with no kids...
Post a Comment