Tuesday, October 6, 2009

NC Burnseses

At the end of August, we traveled up to Boone to visit the NC Burns Family. Ryan's brother Scott and his wife Carol live there with their kids, McKenzie, Paige, Lauren and Zach. Every arrival invokes a shriek-fest from the big girls - they love each other so much! We had a great time spending time with them and meeting some of their friends and staff from their church.

Scott is the Student Pastor at their church, and he and Ryan ran a brutal 4 mile race Saturday morning in the drizzly mountain weather. Carol and I had a very pleasant morning eating pancakes with the kids while Scott and Ryan were up and out of the house by 6:30am. I was planning on racing, too, until I caught word that regular runners in the church called the race a death wish. I thought it best to not set myself up for failure on this one. I think Ryan won (against Scott), but only by one-one-hundredth of a second or something ridiculous like that. But he also did get beaten by a 66 year old man. They spent the rest of the weekend walking around jelly-kneed and complaining about their legs hurting.

We crammed a lot into 36 hours - pancakes and a road race, picnic lunch at the park, ASU Fan Day, grilled out dinner, and church the next morning. A very busy weekend with 6 kids and 4 adults! It was really fun!!



Nancy enjoying the slide. With gum.


Zach. He's not unhappy, I swear. He's just observing.


McKenzie, Kate, Lauren and Nancy


We went to the App State Family Fan Something Appreciation Day. This is their mascot, I can't remember his name. He's a mountaineer... and Kate is busy choking Nancy.


See, he's happy!

Thanks for letting us come and stay with you!




Killing time before we leave for church.

1 comment:

Keever Kids said...

Thanks for the new post, considering we aren't friends too much anymore! LOVE the pic of Nan in the slide! :)