Saturday, October 3, 2009

5th Annual Sky Top Trip

This was our fifth annual trip to Sky Top Orchard in Flat Rock, NC, and our second annual with the Wieland family! Since I'm blogging this 3 days before Christmas but this even occurred on October 3rd, I think I remember it was a beautiful day but was slammed with people because there had been 4 or 5 weekends of rain, so everyone had the same idea we did.

We did not get our usual photo of the 4 of us with the mountains in the background, I think i was too tired and there were too many people and not enough apples, so I was bent on getting our buckets full before the kids had a meltdown. In situations like this, I always romanticize the event, but in reality it ends up being what feels like a race against the meltdown/tantrum/hunger clock. On outdoor pick-your-own events, Nancy's good for 15 minutes, and then just wants us to hold her. Since she weighs in at 32 pounds, that's easier said than done! The Wielands keep us grounded, though, with Sean's antics and Stacey's clumsiness - hopefully we can do it again next year. But a bushel of apples? TOO MANY!




I love how Nancy is loving on the "Cortland" sign. We told her to hug it like it was our friend Cort!

See? They are so fun!




No comments: